Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Jamie Bamber Sheds Shirt For PETA UK

Jamie Bamber, star of the new Law & Order UK, decided to go shirtless for an advertisement in support of UK’s PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals). Of course, Jamie had already become well known for a shirtless scene or two in Battlestar Galactica, so it’s nice to see he’s broadened his range to PETA.

This new ad campaign has Jamie asking to save black bears from being killed for their fur. He urges people to start using faux fur instead. In case you find yourself not looking at the text on the ad, here is what it says: "Bare Skin, not Bearskin. Bears suffer and die for the Queen's guards' caps. Support the campaign to end this cruelty."

Apparently the fur from the Canadian Black Bear is used for the Buckingham Palace Guards’ caps, and faux fur would work just as well. Frankly, in this day and age, with so many nice faux fur materials available, there really isn’t a need to wear real fur. About 10 years ago I picked up a great faux fur black coat up while visiting Canada, and it looks great and is by far the warmest cost I own. So I’m with Jamie on this issue, although you won’t be seeing me pose without my shirt on any time soon.




Check out my blog home page for the latest Law & Order information, here.

Also, see my companion Law & Order site,These Are Their Stories.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH.......My.......

That is all.

The Flustered

MissKittyFantastico

Chris Zimmer said...

MissKittyFantastico, I hear you loud and clear. Who needs a fur coat when looking at a picture like would make one plenty warm!

Jill said...

I haven't seen this picture before. I have one word:
DAYUMN!


As I fan myself and wipe up the drool